Legislation & HR Administration
IS YOUR BUSINESS IS COVERED IN TERMS OF HR LEGALITIES? WE CAN ASSIST YOU IN ENSURING THAT YOU ARE…
Compliance is becoming an increasingly complex issue with the variety of Awards, Acts and other legislation that governs how your business operates today.
The service that we provide is to research the legislation relevant to your business and apply this to processes and procedures in your business to minimise your risk.
“WE CAN TAILOR OUR SERVICES TO MEET THE INDIVIDUAL NEEDS OF YOUR BUSINESS”
We take into consideration the unique implications of the legislation on your business and have simple and effective tools, policies and procedures that we tailor to meet your needs to assist you in achieving compliance.
HR Administrative functions include your personnel files, the processes involved in commencing, changing, paying and finishing staff and we can provide you with checklists, forms, draft letters and guidelines to make this process easy to follow with minimum stress.
PRACTICAL HR TOOLS
A SELECTION OF PROFESSIONAL DOCUMENTATION THAT WILL AID YOU IN MANAGING YOUR HUMAN CAPITAL
HR MANAGEMENT MANUAL
JP Smith Recruitment and Human Resources can provide your business with a simple, concise set of checklists and letters, designed specifically to suit small to medium businesses. This will save you time and ensure your employees are given the right information at all times.
Our HR Manual gives you tools to use at each step of the employment relationships including:
- Recruitment (employee information sheet, recruitment policy)
- Commencement (Contract of Offer, Employee Forms, Checklists)
- Probation (Feedback Report, Draft Letters)
- Changes (Checklists, Letters)
- Discipline and Termination (Warning Letters, Termination Letters, Checklists)
- Resignation and Redundancy (Letters, Checklists)
- Payroll (Pay Summaries, Record Keeping Requirements, Leave and Other Forms)
We can also provide training to whoever is responsible for the HR administration in your business.
Policies and procedures clarify workplace expectations for employees and employers. Certain policies and procedures are also necessary from a compliance point of view. The main areas for the development of HR policies and procedures include:
1. Procedural compliance with legal requirements including:
- Pay Slips; and
- Employee Records.
2. Policy compliance with legal requirements including:
- Equal Employment Opportunity;
- Harassment; and
- Grievance handling.
3. Policies and Codes of Conduct which are not necessarily regulated by law including:
- The standards, behaviours and expectations set by your business;
- Conditions of employment (hours of work, punctuality, discipline etc.); and
- Employee entitlements (leave, wages, benefits etc.).
We can also provide training to either your management team or all staff in relation to these policies to obtain sign off that staff understand and accept the expectations.
You’ve just spent considerable time and effort finding the right person to join your business … so what happens now?
We have heard numerous stories from candidates about how they didn’t know anyone when they started (and they weren’t introduced), no-one showed them where the toilets were, they weren’t really told anything about the organisation, or they had no idea of what was expected of them in their first few weeks.
“CREATE A GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION, GIVE YOUR NEWEST TEAM MEMBER ALL THE INFORMATION IN ORDER TO GET STARTED IN YOUR COMPANY”
As minor as some of these things might seem by themselves, they all form part of a lasting impression on your employees. A good induction process including a well organised, well presented and informative employee handbook can make all the difference.
Our employee handbooks are designed specifically to incorporate new employees into your organisation and its culture. They include areas such as:
- Introduction to the business
- About your team (who’s who)
- Housekeeping points (when are you paid next, when is lunch etc.)
- Code of Conduct
- Legislation application
- Grievance handling procedures
For further information on any of these HR tools please contact Jamie Smith on 07 4659 7400 today!