As the start of a New Year approaches once again, the realisation that we can all start afresh and make our New Year Resolutions follows. This is the time to step back and assess what worked well throughout 2014, and what didn’t. It is the time to set your goals for 2015 to ensure an even more successful year. Ask yourself; is there a new procedure that you want to try out? Do you want to have more of a focus on certain aspects of your business? Is there an opportunity to bring on new talent to help steer 2015 in the right direction? With that in mind, have you considered bringing in flair or fresh talent to your business?
Here are five reasons why hiring new staff in the New Year can be beneficial:
- New employees bring fresh ideas into an organisation;
- Your staff will be able to grow together as a team as the year progresses;
- New Year = New Year resolutions and fresh starts;
- New staff can act as a change motivator to help other employees get on board with your new processes; and
- Starting early in the year gives staff a chance to find their feet before business picks up again after the holidays.
It’s a great feeling when you successfully try something different, no matter what context it may be in. Make those New Year’s resolutions and try something new, be bold!
So as the year draws to a close, we at JP Smith wish you safe travels over the Christmas break and look forward to assisting you in the New Year.
JP Smith is a progressive Toowoomba recruitment agency who specialises in the recruitment of skilled and trained professionals and staff who you can rely on to help grow your business. We provide permanent recruitment, temporary recruitment, as well as a range of HR consulting services that will enable you to progress your organisation in 2015.