Junior Quality Assurance Officer
We are working with a recognised food production leader who is seeking a Junior QA Officer to assist in their food production plant. Working in a state-of-the-art, high tech production facility, you will join a team of experienced individuals in providing the highest quality value-add
egg products to local and overseas customers. The successful candidate will report directly to the Plant Manager but will also work closely with the company's head office, based in Brisbane. The major components of your role will include:
- Conducting quality control checks on the production floor;
- Completing internal audits and assisting with the facilitation of external audits, including liaising with external bodies such as AQIS;
- Assisting with ISO and HACCP compliance;
- Reviewing and creating policy and procedure documents;
- Monitoring and rectifying any non-compliance matters with the production and pasteurising procedure;
- Ensuring plant staff comply with the general rules associated with pasteurising and hygiene; and
- Taking samples and completing microbiology testing.
Experienced QA professionals are encouraged to apply, however our client is also willing to train suitably qualified university graduates. A degree in Food Science or a related discipline is essential and previous experience within the food industry will be highly regarded. The ability to be analytical, perform to a high standard and also, be able to ensure compliance will be the key criteria. It is expected that candidates will display a satisfactory level of computer literacy and have a good understanding of ISO and HACCP from their studies.
Adherence to the company's strict Drug and Alcohol and Bio-security requirements is compulsory. You must be willing to submit to all pre-employment testing requirements as applicable. An appropriate salary package will be negotiated with the successful individual.
To apply please send your application to JP Smith Recruitment & HR by clicking "Apply". For more information on the role please contact Declan Ryan or Jamie Smith on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2450211.