We are partnered with a national tank manufacturer, who pride themselves on being Australian owned and operated. Due to a recent change in business needs, an opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified Production Supervisor to come on board. Based out of their Dalby site, you will be responsible for overseeing their steel tank operation. Reporting directly to the QLD State Manager, your main duties will include:
- Managing and supervising the production staff;
- Effective production scheduling to ensure customer timelines are met;
- Ensuring production equipment is maintained and achieving target efficiency levels;
- Ordering raw materials and maintaining stock levels as per operational demands;
- Rostering staff to meet production needs whilst meeting labour cost requirements;
- Overseeing WHS procedures, ensuring a safe workplace; and
- Operating the plant to the highest level of efficiency whilst ensuring all products exceed quality standards.
In order to be considered for this role, our client requires a background in metal fabrication/boiler making and in addition, only candidates with experience in a production supervisory role will be considered. Formal qualifications in Operations Management, Occupational Workplace Health and Safety as well as Quality Assurance will be highly regarded. Due to the operational requirements of this role, candidates will need to be local to Dalby or be willing to relocate.
Although this role will see you overseeing the manufacturing operation and you will be directly responsible for meeting the organisation's manufacturing targets, this is still a "hands on" role as the production team is relatively small. As such, the successful candidate will be expected to complete operational tasks on a daily basis, as well.
To be considered for this position please click "apply" or send through your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting reference number 2526501. For more information, please contact Declan Ryan on 07 4659 7400.