Our client is a vertically integrated agribusiness based outside of Goondiwindi, in regional southern Queensland. Due to continued growth and expansion, our client is seeking an experienced Production Manager to support their existing livestock operation via the milling of feed. This role encompasses not only production management but also, logistical and raw material control. Your duties will include:
- Overseeing and producing the daily quota of animal feed, ensuring strict adherence to prescribed recipes and quality control requirements;
- Working closely with internal customers to ensure that their feed requirements are filled;
- Managing the logistics of feed delivery to multiple sites;
- Ensuring adequate stock is on hand to complete daily and weekly production targets; and
- Overseeing, training and motivating the existing team by taking a “hands on” approach to management.
Ideally, our client is looking for an experienced Production Manager however, they are also open to candidates who can demonstrate a strong understanding of manufacturing processes and are at the beginning of their career. This position will require the Production Manager to work within the mill, so the ability to effectively spilt your time between the office and the floor, is a must. There will also be the option to live “on farm” in company accommodation near the feed mill, if desired. Otherwise, there are other accommodation options within the district that offer the advantages of a rural setting. As such, a strong affinity and exposure to the agricultural sector and the lifestyle it affords, is essential.
Candidates must possess an extremely high level of attention to detail and have a good generalist understanding of computer systems. A sound knowledge of Excel will also be highly regarded. This is a genuine management opportunity which will enable you to have full operational control of one of Australia’s newest Feed Mill facilities. If your aspirations lie in working with a leading Agribusiness where you will be challenged but in turn, also rewarded with a solid, stable and reliable career, then please don’t hesitate to submit an application.
To apply, please click “Apply”. Enquiries can be directed to either Jamie Smith or Declan Ryan on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2580713.