Store Manager - Caboolture
A prominent industrial paint supplier approaching 30 years in business has positioned themselves as leaders in the protective coatings industry. They have customers and stores across south-east Queensland and a reputation for providing quality products and efficient service. An exciting opportunity now exists for a Store Manager to join their team in 2018, leading the daily operational activities of their Caboolture store.
Reporting to management remotely, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Building and maintaining relationships with key Account Clients;
- Overseeing daily operations and ensuring the store is functioning effectively;
- Leading a team of three in customer service and operational duties;
- Receiving and preparing customer orders;
- Processing orders in a timely and efficient manner;
- Preparing invoices, receipting and overseeing credit accounts;
- Liaising with couriers;
- Assisting with colour matching and paint preparation;
- Opening and closing store as well as general housekeeping duties;
- Assisting with stock control and stores function;
- Handling employee matters, rostering and calculating timesheets; and
- Overseeing Workplace Health and Safety, ensuring the store is compliant.
Your previous experience in industrial sales or customer service in the trade space will enable you to provide strong leadership and management support. Previous management experience is critical however experience in the protective coatings industry is advantageous, but not essential. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of pricing; including calculating costs, labour and profit before finalising customer invoices. Furthermore, we are looking for candidates with intermediate to advanced skills in Windows and IT, to be able to operate and maintain systems effectively. Most importantly you will be a great people person with a focus on providing exceptional customer service, whilst instilling an excellent work ethic in those around you and leading your team to ongoing success.
Candidates with a track record in leading and improving the performance and professionalism of customer service/sales teams are encouraged to apply. A competitive salary package and great working hours are on offer for the successful candidate as well as management progression in the business long term, if you so desire. The store is only open Monday to Friday and is closed on weekends and public holidays, allowing you to achieve a great work/life balance.
If this role is of interest, please click “Apply” and attach your resume and cover letter. If you would prefer to attach a video cover letter, please follow the prompts on the application page or apply through our website www.jpsmith.com.au/positions if the job portal does not support video cover letters, e.g. Seek. For any enquiries, please contact Sophie Mexted on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2644321.