- Work for a Well-established and Well Respected SEQ Firm
- Serve as an Engineering Consultant and Monitor Project Quality and Completeness
- Work with a Professional, Experienced Team on a range of Infrastructure Projects
A long-standing regional and urban, civil and structural engineering firm is seeking an experienced Civil / Structural Engineer to join the team at their Toowoomba office. They service a wide range of areas, including southwest, Western and Central Queensland. In this role, the prospective Engineer would serve as project manager and consultant to many public and private enterprise clients, liaise with subcontractors and external parties, assist with the design of buildings and structures, planning and design of civil projects including stormwater drainage, roads, streets and utility infrastructure. The successful candidate will be a high level verbal communicator who can build rapport with key clients and problem solver. Some of the benefits of the role will include:
- Enjoying rewarding work within a close-knit, local team;
- Consulting with high-calibre and professional clients;
- Being hands-on with the design and calculations of civil works;
- Being a part of a horizontally structured (no middle management) firm;
- Working autonomously – work on work that is your responsibility, without excessive input;
- Bringing your innovation and expertise to the firm; help them facilitate efficiency; and
- Building and growing the business in Regional Queensland.
The successful candidate will possess several skills and qualifications. Five plus years’ experience in a similar capacity is expected, along with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. RPEQ is highly desirable but not essential. Exceptional leadership and liaison skills are also required, to assist in dealings with subcontractors, clients, consultants and other external parties.
To be considered, the successful applicant will possess understanding of civil planning and design practices, and the theory behind it (e.g. road systems, hydraulics, hydrology for stormwater design etc). Knowledge of structural design requirements applicable to residential, commercial, and industrial buildings is also required. This includes knowledge surrounding bracing, footings, structural connections, energy, and water and sewerage. Finally, you will have a profound understanding of the processes surrounding development/building approvals, and knowledge of necessary inspections, surveys, and certifications required for approval.
This role would be ideal for someone who wishes to work for a company that fosters grassroots relationships with their clients, values professional and lasting work and who also wishes to perform their role without being “over managed”.
If this role is of interest, please submit an application by clicking “Apply”. For all enquiries, please contact Jamie Smith or Lachlan Kraak on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2684113.