Capital Works Engineering Leader
- Engaging Leadership Role, Embedded in Local Government via Consultancy.
- Generous Package, Including Vehicle, Accommodation and Bonus.
- Relocation Assistance Provided.
A premier Toowoomba-based Engineering consultancy is looking to contractually embed itself into a Regional Council, located in Central Queensland and provide the services of a Senior Engineer. This role is to locally oversee the team tasked with the delivery of the Capital Works Program. The consultancy seeks a multi-disciplined Engineer to head this team, in the Council’s offices and provide support to the resident engineering department. The client is a long-standing civil and structural Engineering consultancy, servicing the South-West, Western and Central Queensland regions. Reporting directly to the Council’s General Manager for Infrastructure, this role will see you:
- Leading and delivery of Council’s annual Capital Works Program, including projects across numerous disciplines, such as roadworks and drainage, buildings and facilities, airports, water and wastewater infrastructure;
- Developing, refining and delivering of the Program through planning, design and construction phases, including budgeting, project scoping, coordination of designs, tender document preparation, procurement of services and contractors and contract administration.
- Providing advice to senior staff and working alongside Council staff;
- Ensuring project compliance;
- Monitoring project timeframes and deliverables;
- Liaising with both internal and external parties;
- Certifying and ensuring the accuracy of designs; and
- Reporting on project milestones, safety, and efficiency.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will be qualified and possess extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in an Engineering role, along with significant, continuous experience in working with Local Government and exposure to its policies, procedures and procurement systems. You will have demonstrated, broad knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines, in order to manage the program outcomes. The role does not necessarily require detailed technical knowledge, as this forms part of the detailed design phase by others. A current RPEQ registration is also required, as is Australian Residency, fluency in English and excellent report writing skills.
This opportunity is a three year contract (1 + 1 + 1), with the potential for continued work, and partnership, with our client, following the contract. Continued employment would be under the proviso of successfully fulfilling the role's requirements and the availability of work.
This contract will provide you with the opportunity to work within a broad range of projects, across multiple disciplines. You will have the chance to apply your existing and develop new skills. This position is integral to the success of the Capital Works Program within a Central Queensland Shire, supporting the resource industry.
If this position is of interest, please submit an application by clicking “Apply”. For all enquiries, please contact Jamie Smith or Lachlan Kraak on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2804920.