Capital Works Technical Officer
- Engaging Technical Role, Supporting a Local Government via your Consultancy.
- Generous Package, Including Vehicle, Accommodation and Bonus.
- Relocation Assistance Provided.
A premier Toowoomba-based Engineering consultancy is looking to contractually embed itself into a Regional Council, located in Central Queensland and provide the services of a Technical Officer or Engineer. This role is to provide technical and operational support to the team tasked with delivering the Capital Works Program. The Council/consultancy seeks a Technical Officer, or intermediate Engineer, to fill the role in the Council’s offices, and provide support to the resident engineering wing. The client is a long-standing civil and structural Engineering consultancy, servicing the South-West, Western and Central Queensland regions. Reporting to the Engineering Leader for the Capital Works Delivery Team, this role will see you:
- Provide minor designs for Civil Engineering works, working alongside Council staff;
- Plan preconstruction activities;
- Assist the Engineering Leader with budgeting, scoping of projects and procurement;
- Administer contracts for delivery of Capital Works, working with construction and design consultancies;
- Assist with reporting on projects, their milestones, and budgets;
- Represent the Superintendent when required; and
- Assist the Program Senior Engineer with feasibility assessments and cost estimates.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will possess a relevant tertiary qualification (BTech, BEng or equivalent), have at least five years’ experience within a similar capacity and have significant, continuous experience working with Local Government, along with familiarity of its policies and internal systems. Australian Residency is also required, as is fluency in verbal communications and excellent report writing skills.
This opportunity is a three year contract (1 + 1 + 1), with the potential for continued work with our client, following the contract. Continued employment would be under the proviso of successfully fulfilling the role's requirements and the availability of work.
This contract will provide you with the opportunity to work within a broad range of projects, across multiple disciplines. You will have the chance to apply your existing and develop new skills. This position is integral to the success of the Capital Works Program within a Central Queensland Shire, supporting the resource industry.
If this position is of interest, please submit an application by clicking “Apply”. For all enquiries, please contact Jamie Smith or Lachlan Kraak on 07 4659 7400, quoting reference number 2804922.