Production Floor Manager
- 2 x Positions Available
- Large, Local Agribusiness located on the Darling Downs
- Permanent, Full-Time Opportunity
A thriving Darling Downs agribusiness is searching for two Production Floor Managers to assist in the daily operations at their processing facility. You will be working for a large scale, modern and well equipped company who prides themselves on quality food production. This role will see you managing a team of approximately 20 to execute production and ensure quality assurance standards are met and efficiencies are gained.
Reporting to the Grading Floor Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining regular communication with senior management in regards to logistics, quality control, and timeframes;
- Managing people and performance functions to enhance DIFOT;
- Implementing best practice initiatives;
- Decreasing down time;
- Leading, delegating and prioritising work, often being operational where necessary;
- Performing waste control, inventory management and organising supplies and equipment for daily operations; and
- Motivating staff to get work completed on time and ensuring daily production and processes are running smoothly.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience working in a leadership position with a background in production or related environment. People management skills are vital for this role and you will enjoy working in a structured environment, possessing a high level of communication skills. Sound computer skills are necessary to perform the operational element of this position and a good mechanical and technical understanding will also be highly regarded (but not essential). If you are looking for a new challenge with job security in an essential sector, this is an exceptional opportunity.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit an application to JP Smith Recruitment & HR by clicking ‘Apply’ by the 16th November 2018, quoting reference number 2834667. For further information, please contact Jamie Smith on 07 4659 7400.