- Well-Respected and Well-Established SEQ Engineering Consultancy.
- Work with a Professional, Experienced Team on a Range of Projects.
- Generous Salary Package + Vehicle.
A long-standing civil and structural Engineering firm is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join the team at their Roma office. They service a wide range of areas, including South-West, Western and Central Queensland. This role is a hands on role and will see you designing and performing calculations for structural works, but also preparing fee proposals, managing designers & drafters, coordinating sub-consultants, directly liaising with clients and contractors, performing inspections of works and writing reports. Some of the benefits of the role will include:
- Enjoying rewarding work within a close-knit, local team;
- Consulting with varied clientele – Industry and Government;
- Being hands-on with the design and calculations of structural works;
- Being a part of a horizontally structured (no middle management) firm;
- Working autonomously – work on work that is your responsibility, without excessive input;
- Bringing your innovation and expertise to the firm; help them facilitate efficiency; and
- Building and growing the business in Regional Queensland.
The successful candidate will possess several skills and qualifications. Three plus years’ experience in a similar capacity is required, along with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. RPEQ is highly desirable but not essential. Exceptional leadership and liaison skills are also required, to assist in dealings with subcontractors, clients, consultants and other external parties.
Ideally, you will have experience using Revit, or another drafting package. Knowledge of relevant standards surrounding concrete, brick/block, steelwork and timber framing will be viewed favourably, as will knowledge of onsite drainage, tilt up slab design and other related constructions and functions. Experience with structural design requirements applicable to residential, commercial and industrial buildings is essential.
This role would be ideal for someone who wishes to work for a company that fosters grassroots relationships with their clients, values professional and lasting work and who also wishes to perform their role without being “over managed”.
To see what Roma offers you and your family, please see the link below. http://www.mymaranoa.org.au/visitors
If this position is of interest, please submit an application by clicking “Apply”. For all enquiries, please contact Jamie Smith or Lachlan Kraak on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2865423.