- Opportunity to Build with a Growing Company.
- Variety of Work! Advise On and Manage a Range of Business Units.
- Central Toowoomba Office.
A multi-faceted organisation (including Civil, Quarrying, Pipeline and Agriculture), based in the Toowoomba region and also operating in Maranoa, is searching for an experienced HR Manager. As continues its new stage of growth, this HR Manager will support and advise our client in current functions, as well as those that growth brings (i.e. recruitment exercises to expand the workforce, Award interpretation for new positions etc). Beginning as a family-owned company, our client has holdings across Queensland and parts of New South Wales, engaging in civil and earthmoving projects, quarry operations, pipeline services, farming and several other complementary and aligned tasks. As such, you will have a holistic view (and experience) with Operations, as well as HR.
As a member of the Management Team, your role will see you:
- Recruiting for both existing and newly created positions;
- Supporting the Operational and Line Managers in all their HR needs;
- Creating new policies, procedures and systems, as well as improving upon existing ones;
- Reviewing and modifying employment contracts;
- Ensuring legislative compliance in all things Human Resource related;
- Monitoring, managing and implementing initiatives to improve upon staff performance;
- Dealing with any disciplinary/termination matters; and
- Working with the CFO to improve upon margins and handle labour hire.
To be successful in the role, you will be comfortable working in a trade environment, be willing to occasionally travel to project locations across Northern NSW and Southern QLD and always be on the lookout for ways to improve existing systems and enhance employee wellbeing.
The ideal candidate will possess a tertiary degree in Human Resources, have seven or more years’ experience in a similar role and have experience within the civil and earthmoving industry. You will also be comfortable advising members of executive management teams on matters involving Industrial Relations and employee wellbeing. A belief in innovation and an attitude to constantly improve upon cultures/systems will be essential.
If this position is of interest, please submit an application to JP Smith Recruitment and HR by clicking “Apply”. For all enquiries, please contact Jamie Smith or Lachlan Kraak on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2785964.