Structural and Civil Drafter
- Work for a Well-established and Well Respected SEQ Engineering Firm.
- Design and Draft for Professional Clients Using the Latest Software.
- Work with a Proficient Team on a Range of Structural and Civil Projects.
A well-established regional and urban, civil and structural engineering firm is seeking an experienced Structural and Civil Draftsperson. This role is based within their Toowoomba offices, and reports directly to the Senior Design Engineers and Structural/Civil Project Managers. The client services a wide range of areas, including South West, Western and Central Queensland. The role chiefly involves operation of computerised drafting and design programs including AutoCAD, 12D, Revit, and other relevant programs, however, it also involves keeping abreast of legislation and standards surrounding design, and liaising with Engineers, Designers, and Clients. Benefits of the role will include:
- Enjoying rewarding work within a close-knit, local team;
- Working with state-of-the-art designing software and programs;
- Consulting with high-calibre and professional clients;
- Being a part of a horizontally structured (no middle management) firm;
- Working autonomously – work on work that is your responsibility, without excessive input;
- Bringing your innovation and expertise to the firm; help them facilitate efficiency; and
- Building and growing the business in Regional Queensland.
To be successful in your application, you will possess the following qualifications: two plus years’ experience in a related role; intermediate experience with AutoCAD, 12D, and/or Revit; proficient use of Office Suite for the generation of reports, spreadsheets, and databases; and in-depth knowledge of structural design requirements applicable to residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
In-depth knowledge of building industry terminology and its applications to design; relevant legislation and guidelines; and standards for road construction and maintenance is also required.
This role would be ideal for someone who wishes to work for a company that fosters grassroots relationships with their clients, values professional and lasting work and who also wishes to perform their role without being “over managed”.
If this role is of interest, please submit an application by clicking “Apply”. For all enquiries, please contact Jamie Smith or Lachlan Kraak on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2684490.