Financial Services Accountant
- Lead a Team of Financial Professionals
- Work on Macro Level Financial Matters
- Local Government - Three-Year Contract
Our client is a regional, Local Government, with strong agricultural foundations and a rich history of progression. Based in semi-rural, South East Queensland, they have seen significant developments in recent years with technology, infrastructure improvements and both an internal and external customer service ethos. They have a focus on delivering sustainable services to enrich their community’s liveability and culture, whilst maintaining a responsible and balanced budget. Heading up a team and reporting to the Manager of Finance, your role will include:
- Leading a team responsible for the general accounting function, management of accounts and payroll for the organisation;
- Assisting with budgeting, forecasting, analysis and other financial functions including CAPEX and OPEX;
- Being fully immersed in strategic through to day-to-day accounting functions;
- Providing monthly reports to departments and Managers;
- Assisting the external parties in the yearly audit of the organisation’s financials;
- Maintaining asset registers, depreciation and FBT matters;
- Continuously looking for ways to improve the organisation’s culture, policies and procedures;
- Training and developing staff on procedures and new technologies as well as cultural matters;
- Playing a leading role in projects and roll-outs; and
- Engaging and serving internal customers.
This role will suit finance and accounting professionals with at least three years’ previous experience at a similar level, ideally within a government environment. Understanding and knowledge around the different functions of government is preferred and CPA or CA qualifications will be highly regarded.
To be successful, you will have leadership and mentoring skills, along with an outlook that constantly seeks to improve on procedures, systems and the progression and simplification of the accounting and finance department.
In return, you will receive a generous salary package, rewarding work within a driven team and the option of salary sacrificing. You will also have the opportunity to live in a tranquil, semi-rural environment and have access to modern and well-equipped facilities and major centres, just a short drive away.
If this opportunity is of interest, please click "Apply" to submit your application to JP Smith Recruitment & HR with your CV and covering letter. For any enquiries, please call Jamie Smith on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2934212.