Youth Access Clinician
- Help Improve the Wellbeing of Young Adults in a Community Setting
- Clinical Backgrounds in Psychology, Nursing, OT or Social Work Accepted
- Role Flexibility: Full Time, 0.8, 0.6, the choice is yours!
If you are a health professional looking for a lifestyle change, then this is the opportunity for you. Located in Warwick, this role is in the heart of scenic Southern Downs. All within two hours, you have access to the vibrant city life of Brisbane and the abundant hiking, outdoor activities, eateries and wineries of the Scenic Rim. Set yourself up in the town of Warwick or set down roots on surrounding property, the choice is yours.
Who will I work for?
headspace Warwick, part of RHealth, offers a fun, vibrant workplace that put youth and young adults at the centre of everything they do. You will have the opportunity to deliver low to moderate intensity, early intervention services that make a significant difference to the people in your community. Being in a rural location, you will employ a comprehensive approach, understanding how biopsychosocial, community, social, cultural, physical and sensory factors contribute to wellbeing.
What will my role include?
Reporting to the Centre Manager and with support from the Clinical Lead, your role will include:
- Working with clients who have various presenting mental health conditions;
- Developing a clear understanding of your clients through case formulation and assessment;
- Providing counselling and evidence-based interventions in brief, moderate, extended and group forms;
- Monitoring client risk factors at all times;
- Taking accurate case notes and complying with the quality framework;
- Working closely with other allied health professionals in the community for referral and outreach;
- Participating in community events and advocacy that builds the profile and accessibility of the centre; and most importantly
- Making a significant impact on the mental health and wellbeing of young people in your region!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a registered mental health professional from the following disciplines: Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health Nursing or Psychology. Ideally, you will have previous experience in a community setting, delivering mental health interventions. Working in a rural setting, you will be flexible in your service delivery to assist clients across the spectrum, from sub-clinical psychosocial stressors through to complex diagnoses and care needs.
What are the benefits of this role?
Benefits of this role include:
- Role Flexibility – Full Time, 0.8 or 0.6, the choice is yours;
- Attractive salary $65K - $89K plus significant salary sacrificing;
- Extensive training and opportunity to work under a structured clinical model;
- Access to a professional development budget;
- Support and guidance from an experienced, local Clinical Lead;
- Receive administrative support from a dedicated admin and intake team;
- Opportunity to be involved in research, if desired;
- A brand-new office to be ready in early 2022; and
- Excellent lifestyle and community opportunities outside of work.
As an equal opportunity employer, headspace Warwick celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive work environment for their clients, staff and community; irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click “Apply” and submit your resume and cover letter. For a confidential discussion on the role, please call Dane Vallely, on 0490 476 606 or (07) 4659 7400, quoting reference number 3369714.