- Local Manufacturer with Global Client Base
- Contract Drafting & Revision Emphasis
- Excellent Salary and Employer of Choice
Our client is a leading, local manufacturer of mining equipment that exports its products around the globe. They distribute their products, both here and abroad to some of the biggest and most well-respected organisations in the world. They have a proud history of innovation and progression and are recognised as the market leaders in their field. We are seeking a Contracts Specialist who provides the contracts analysis and administration to help with the contractual relationship with Customers. Their contracts and specifications are extensive and we are seeking someone with a high level of ability to read draft, analyse and interpret contracts originating both from both parties.
The main components of the role will include:
- Evaluating Customer terms and conditions and ensuring these are in line with the company’s guidelines;
- Negotiating the terms and conditions until an agreed position is achieved;
- Preparing and updating the draft contract including version control;
- Assessing the outward-bound contracts to ensure that all the specifications and demands are included;
- Receiving the incoming contract from the Customer and assessing any changes or requests for variance;
- Working through those variances to ensure that all parties' requirements are met; and then, redrafting the contract and finalising this with the Customer;
- Supporting the overall order acceptance process,
- Preparing contract summary documentation for presentation to Directors;
- Coordinating with the company’s General Legal Counsel for legislative and statutory obligations; and
- Acquiring sign off from Legal Counsel and Managers to ensure compliance.
The contracts can run from three pages, through to three hundred pages depending on the Customer. We require someone who not only has a good eye for detail and a contractual understanding but can also keep the rapport, goodwill and relationship with the Customer during this time. You will also be required to have phone conversations and video consultations with the Customers during this negotiation process.
As our client is a global company, some after-hours work will be required in order to meet Customer needs in various time zones.
Our client has state-of-the-art equipment and as such, you will have the very best of technology, support and office environment in the region. You’ll have a motivated and professional team around you in order to understand all the technical nuances and you’ll receive a generous salary with excellent perks.
If this opportunity is of interest, please click "Apply" to submit your resume to JP Smith Recruitment & HR. For any enquiries, please call Jamie Smith on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 3440623.