- An Experienced, Hard-Working Team
- Job Security, Stability and Longevity
- Competitive Salary
Why join this business?
Our client is a well-established, Australia-wide road transport company, that has operated for over 40 years. This is a quality oriented business who focuses on long-term relationships with their clients and puts an emphasis on delivering in full, on time. The organisation has multiple depots around the country, with the Brisbane depot being an integral part of its overall operations. Road transport and freight is one of this country’s most vital industries. It provides consistency and reliability and as such, a long-term career in this industry can be forged. You will play a key role in an essential business that keeps Australia moving.
About the role:
Our client is seeking an experienced Office Manager to join their depot team in Richlands, Brisbane. This role will see you interacting with drivers, customers and staff on a daily basis. You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and co-ordinating the Brisbane administration team;
- Ensuring paperwork, consignment notes and manifests are entered correctly into their freight management system;
- Provide administrative support ensuring all freight paperwork is completed in set time frames;
- Arrange monthly team meetings and assist in staff training;
- Reporting to and closely assisting the National Operations Manager;
- Managing and assisting in the recruitment of new staff;
- Update the Administration Roster and approve leave in line with business requirements; and
- General administration duties including dealing with general customer enquiries and taking pickups.
To be successful in the role, you will have at least 5 years’ experience as an Office Manager overseeing and coordinating a team. You will also have:
- The ability to prioritise and review individual and team workloads to ensure that timelines are met;
- The ability to encourage a workplace culture that promotes a high standard of work and positive team relationships;
- Excellent time management and an eye for detail;
- Administrative skills with a focus on Microsoft Office; and
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills with high levels of attention to detail as well as high levels of verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply?
If this opportunity is of interest, please click "Apply" to submit your resume to JP Smith Recruitment & HR. For any enquiries, please call Jamie Smith on 07 3333 2200 quoting reference number 3717424.