HUMAN RESOURCES ISN’T A THING YOU DO. IT’S THE THING THAT RUNS YOUR BUSINESS.
JP Smith understands Permanent Recruitment and as such, offers premium services which involve both full candidate vetting processes and scheduled follow-ups during settling in periods.
OUR PERMANENT RCRUITMENT PROCESS
AT A GLANCE:
“OUR METHODS ARE BASED ON BEST PRACTICE STAFF SELECTION PRINCIPLES”
We also provide a 6 month retention guarantee, rather than the standard 3 months, and invoice our fees for services only after a candidate has begun working for you.
Our Permanent Recruitment method is based on best practice staff selection principles. The process includes a JP Smith specialist meeting with you to gain insights into specific needs and wants, beyond that found in a role’s position description.
We are committed to finding candidates who are both, well suited to the role and who are also going to be a good fit with your existing team of staff – the customary vetting process includes JP Smith’s full Psychological Profiling, to be conducted by our in-house Psychologist. Our team would prefer to tell you that there are no suitable applicants at the moment (it can, although rarely, happen) rather than place an unsuitable person within your organisation.
“SUCCESSFUL PERMANENT RECRUITMENT IS NOT A MATTER OF FINDING A RESUME THAT LOOKS GOOD”
Another available option is our internal review program, where your new recruit will undergo a fully facilitated 360° review at the end of the first 12 month period of being part your company. The review process will ensure that your recruit is bringing the benefits to your business that you sought them out for and also provides meaningful feedback useful for ongoing management of both the person and their role.
JP SMITH’S 10 STEPS TO SUCCESSFUL RECRUITMENT
- Conduct an Exit Interview (where possible).
- Establish the exact, current role – could that role be expanded for the right person?
- Establish the exact fit needed – both type of person and skill set.
- Run an effective attraction campaign (advertising and direct contact) to ensure the best candidates will apply.
- Shortlisting – assessing candidates on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Interviews – conducted with both behavioural and situational interviewing techniques.
- Reference Checks – probing questions to the right people to get the full picture.
- Psychological testing – a full test, not a mere computerised mood survey, to assess all candidate strengths and weaknesses.
- Employment Contract assistance – provided on request.
- Keep in contact with the new recruit and client, during the initial settling in phase (usually at 2 weeks and then at 3, 6 & 12 months) to ensure they know there is support and that information is flowing smoothly.
Successful, permanent recruitment is not a matter of finding a resume that looks good – best practice recruitment involves much more than that. Each job is different, as is each employer. With this in mind, we will give you an accurate timeline on the process before we start, so you can manage your schedule.
JP Smith is here to help your business. If you would like any further information regarding any of our services, please contact our team on 07 4659 7400 or 07 3333 2200.
Please also check out our page on HR Related Traning and Employee Assistance Programs.