Poultry Rearing Manager
Our client is at the forefront of the egg industry within Australia. They have a continuous track record of improvement and expansion, whilst maintaining the very best of quality assurance, animal welfare and staff progression. Due to this continual growth, an opportunity has arisen in their Rearing facility, for an experienced Poultry Manager.
Due to the organisation’s maturity, there are clear benchmarks and KPI’s to be achieved and as such, you will be aware of your individual, departmental and group targets. As the Poultry Rearing Manager, it will be your task to meet and exceed these KPI’s and some of these will include:
- Maintaining and driving the very highest levels of animal welfare;
- Ensuring that the key metrics such as feed conversion, liveability and weight targets are met;
- Managing staff/labour and ensuring that your department is suitably resourced at all times and within budget;
- Managing and overseeing all of the technical and mechanical elements (with support from an in-house mechanical maintenance team).
- Overseeing the stringent Biosecurity and QA requirements across multiple sites; and
- Reinforcing the values of the organisation and building the culture of professionalism, innovation and efficiency throughout your team.
This is a genuine leadership role within the business and as such, you will be an integral part of the decision-making process within the senior management team. Therefore, your previous expertise and management experience within any livestock industry will be highly regarded and you will have the opportunity to give input and follow this through with actions. This is an outcome – focused business (and role) and ideas for continuous improvement are encouraged. You will also have the opportunity to represent the organisation at an external level with local and interstate suppliers, as well as industry bodies.
Our client is offering a solid salary with on farm accommodation, a vehicle and professional development. You will also be involved in structured performance reviews where you will get constructive feedback and the opportunity to advance in all areas.
If you’re looking for an opportunity that draws upon your livestock and animal production experience and offers you a genuine management position within an industry leader, this will be the role you are looking for.
To apply for this role, please send your application to JP Smith Recruitment and HR via firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number 2568001 by 23rd August, 2017. For all enquiries please contact Jamie Smith on 07 4659 7400.