One of Queensland’s prominent private sector construction and development groups, have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Accountant to join their large, comprehensive finance team in the position of Financial Controller. Supporting the executive and senior management professionals within the organisation, you will be required to undertake all aspects of financial management and be responsible for the commercial performance of multiple entities within the group.
Directly reporting to the overall Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for a range of functions, including but not limited to:
- Conducting and managing the financial reporting requirements for selected group entities;
- Liaising with divisional managers to prepare annual budgets and forecast cash flow;
- Carrying out financial feasibility and financial modelling assessments;
- Ensuring all financial activities within your designated entities strictly adhere to taxation requirements as well as corporate governance guidelines;
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including BAS;
- Assisting with general finance administration including data reconciliation and record management;
- Providing business unit support and accurately guiding the team on financial management issues.
This is a unique opportunity to join a nationally recognised development group and work amongst some of the best finance professionals in our region. As such, the successful candidate must demonstrate high level financial, analytical and problem solving skills with a commercial mindset and strong business acumen. A tertiary level qualification in accounting, commerce or another related discipline is essential as is CA/CPA qualifications. Coupled with a passion for finance and growth, you will possess a keen eye for detail, strong communication and interpersonal skills and be capable of driving processes forward.
Applicants from a public accounting background, with exposure to complex financial, compliance as well as business advisory issues, will be viewed favourably. Furthermore, high proficiency in a variety of accounting and business software packages will best position you for success.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply”. Please note interviews will commence prior to the application closing date. For all enquiries please contact Jamie Smith or Sophie Mexted on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2565982.