Tips on Answering Those Tricky Interview Questions
We have all been through interviews where we have been asked those tricky questions that make you stumble over your words and make you feel like you are talking in circles just to fill in time. Below are some tips to help you work through tricky interview questions in a logical manner.
- Be Prepared. This is the most important part to any interview process and requires you to research the company, the role and your own abilities.
- Take Your Time To Think About Your Answer. Interviews are not a race against time and interviewers would prefer you put some thought into your answers instead of rattling off the first thing that comes into your mind.
- Relate The Questions To Your Own Experience. Interviewers may ask for examples of when a particular situation has occurred and how you dealt with it and after all, the idea of a job interview is to enlighten the interviewers on your working experience not just your knowledge on a particular topic. Detail your experience in a working situation and relate it to the question being asked.
- Be Yourself. Don’t pretend to be someone you are not as interviewers will be able to see through your façade.
- Relax. This goes hand in hand with being yourself. If you are relaxed, you will find the right word at the right time to answer those tricky questions.
- Know Your Salary Expectations. People ask this question because they want to know your expectations and how they will fit into their organisation, so be prepared with what you are going to answer.
By following these simple tips, it is hoped that you walk out of your next interview with confidence and with a smile on your face knowing you did the best you could rather than walking out with that dreaded feeling of forgetting to mention a vital point.Back to News