Five Tips To Fitting into a New Working Environment
- Make a Good First Impression: Your first day of work will probably feel just like an extension of your job interview. If you attack it the same way you did your interview you shouldn’t have a problem. After all, you got the job right! Don’t forget to be polite, respectful, smile and use your manners!
- Ask Questions: The only way to learn more about your new work place is to ask questions. You can never ask too many questions and always remember – your colleagues were new once too!
- Get to Know Your Work Mates: You will spend more time with your work mates than you will with your friends and family. You don’t have to become “Best Friends” with them but you do have to appreciate them. It helps to find some common ground between you and grow your relationship from there. Make the time to chat to them and be friendly.
- Be Open-Minded: Stay flexible and adaptable in your attitudes towards your work and colleagues. This will allow the lines of communication on all levels to stay open.
- Be Yourself: Perhaps the most important point to remember is to be honest and true to yourself in your work and in your dealings with your work mates