- Premier Agricultural Manufacturer
- Interesting and Varied Workload
- Tranquil, Rural Location
A Western Downs manufacturer of agricultural machinery is seeking a Mechanical Design Drafter, to assist them in their design, innovation and manufacture of their well-regarded field equipment. A well-established and leading company, our client is looking for an experienced and skilled individual to work in their Design Office. The major components of the role include:
- Designing, drafting and detailing of new, innovative agricultural equipment;
- Reviewing, designing and improving upon existing products;
- Working closely with all departments and divisions to ensure product quality, accuracy and effectiveness;
- Getting into the field to see how the product works and how it can be improved;
- Participating in field days;
- Collating, recording and maintaining data and reports such as Bills of Materials, Assembly Plans etc; and
- Providing ad hoc assistance in areas such as purchasing, sales, R&D and a number of others (a minor part of the role).
Our client use SolidWorks; therefore, previous experience using this, or a similar 3D drafting package, is essential. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to monitor the manufacturing of their end product, ensure its accuracy and effectiveness and see it used in the field. This, coupled with a generous salary package and the opportunity to grow in your career, make for an attractive opportunity.
We welcome applications from a broad range of individuals including experienced drafters, tradespeople wanting to get off the tools, university graduates or individuals from like industries who want to utilise their practical knowledge in the design and betterment of the product. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all.
If this position is of interest, please submit an application by clicking “Apply”. For all enquiries, please contact Jamie Smith or Lachlan Kraak on 07 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2826738.