Manufacturing Engineering Technician
- Hands on Engineering for Progressive Food Manufacturer
- Thriving Agribusiness, Situated on the Darling Downs
- Permanent, Full-Time Position
A thriving agribusiness, situated 30 minutes south west of Toowoomba, is looking to employ an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Technician for their large scale food grading and production facility. The successful applicant will be working with an engineering team and will be assisting with the fault finding, maintenance and repair of a vast range of mechanical and production equipment.
We are searching for someone with a mechanically oriented trade background, particularly within industrial, automotive or manufacturing environments. You will have previous experience working to deadlines and possess excellent fault finding abilities. Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, are also essential.
We will give emphasis to all candidates with the following skills and or experience:
- Trade qualified Automotive Technician, Maintenance Fitter/ Mechanical Fitter or Fitter/ Turner, or Electrician (with good mechanical abilities) alternatively, a Mechanical Engineer with production/ manufacturing experience who is happy to be hands on;
- A mechanical aptitude, with the ability to learn technical language quickly;
- The ability to instigate and implement a preventative maintenance schedule;
- Solid computer skills in order to work within the company’s maintenance system; and
- People leadership qualities.
To be the successful applicant, you will need to possess a flexible approach to working hours, including some on call, shift, weekend and after hours work. This organisation will offer you an excellent team structure, an attractive salary package, and brand new, state of the art equipment to work upon. It will also invest in your future not only as a technician (with your technical skills) but also your leadership and management skills.
If you take pride in your work, have a desire to get the job done and the aspire to work for one of Australia’s market leaders in food manufacturing, then please click “Apply” by the 16th of November, 2018. Enquiries can be made to Jamie Smith on (07) 4659 7400 quoting reference number 2834618.